By Jose Luis Ortega
Academic se's: intends to run during the present landscape of the educational se's via a quantitative technique that analyses the reliability and consistence of those providers. the target is to explain the most features of those engines, to spotlight their merits and downsides, and to debate the consequences of those new items sooner or later of medical conversation and their impression at the study dimension and review. briefly, educational se's offers a precis view of the recent demanding situations that the internet set to the clinical task in the course of the so much novel and leading edge looking out companies to be had on the internet.
- This is the 1st method of learn se's completely addressed to the examine neighborhood in an integrative guide. the newness, expectation and value of a lot of those providers justify their analysis.
- This publication isn't really only an outline of the internet functionalities of those prone; it's a clinical overview of the main awesome features of every platform, discussing their value to the scholarly verbal exchange and examine evaluation.
- This ebook introduces an unique method in accordance with a quantitative research of the coated info throughout the wide use of crawlers and harvesters which enable getting in intensity into how those engines are operating. Beside of this, a close descriptive overview in their functionalities and a serious dialogue approximately their use for medical group is displayed.
Read Online or Download Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook PDF
Similar library management books
Advent to layout constitution matrix equipment --
Product structure DSM versions --
Product structure DSM examples --
Organization structure DSM versions --
Organization structure DSM examples --
Process structure DSM versions --
Process structure DSM examples --
Multidomain structure MDM versions --
Multidomain structure MDM examples --
The way forward for DSM.
This publication is designed to introduce doctoral and different higher-degree examine scholars to the method of medical study within the fields of data structures in addition to fields of data expertise, enterprise approach administration and different comparable disciplines in the social sciences. It publications learn scholars of their means of studying the lifetime of a researcher.
Educational se's: intends to run throughout the present landscape of the tutorial se's via a quantitative strategy that analyses the reliability and consistence of those providers. the target is to explain the most features of those engines, to spotlight their benefits and downsides, and to debate the consequences of those new items sooner or later of clinical verbal exchange and their influence at the examine size and overview.
- Library and Information Science Research in the 21st Century. A Guide for Practicing Librarians and Students
- How to Thrive as a Solo Librarian
- Libraries, the First Amendment, and Cyberspace: What You Need to Know
- 5-Star Programming and Services for Your 55+ Library Customers (Ala Programming Guides)
- People Skills for Library Managers: A Common Sense Guide for Beginners
Extra resources for Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook
These differences lead me to suggest that the social sciences produce more web pages than scientific documents, while classical disciplines are almost exclusively focused on the production of research documents. 3 shows the distribution of documents by publication year. 5 per cent of all documents corresponded to the most recent lustrum (2009–13). One possible explanation for this high proportion of recent documents could be that most of the Scirus documents were web pages which, often, are updated constantly.
Scirus, named after a mythological character of Ancient Greece with prophetic properties, supplied a varied range of scientific resources from web pages to peer-reviewed articles, patents, pre-prints and reports accessible via the web. Perhaps this was the principal difference of Scirus compared to other academic search engines: it was not only fed by several authoritative sources, but it also contained an important crawl of web pages from university and scientific websites. Thus, Scirus acted as a true specialized web search engine in which the user could retrieve web pages from research institutions.
This issue is discussed in detail above (see p. 30). Subject areas: Scirus limited the search based on different research disciplines. This part is also discussed on p. 35. ’ to replace a single character or ‘*’ to replace more than one. Perhaps the most interesting feature was the search for specific fields, which allowed the user to search a term by the place in which it appeared in the document. 6 displays the supported abbreviations. 6 List of the abbreviations used to search specific fields Field Abbreviation Author au: Title ti: Journal jo: Key words ke: URL url: Web domain dom: Author affiliation af: This limited search by fields could also be performed in the advanced search scroll-down box.
Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook by Jose Luis Ortega