By Robert B. Johnston M.D. (auth.)
Read or Download Attention Deficits, Learning Disabilities, and Ritalin™: A Practical Guide PDF
Similar special education books
This well known practitioner advisor and textual content provides an efficient, problem-solving-based method of comparing and remediating educational abilities difficulties. major authority Edward S. Shapiro presents functional concepts for operating with scholars throughout all grade degrees (K–12) who're being affected by studying, spelling, written language, or math.
This ebook highlights the newest advancements within the quarter of analysis, coverage and perform. all of the authors are popular within the box of dyslexia and they're going to supply major contributions on the coming near near BDA convention ' Dyslexia: the dividends from learn to coverage and perform' to be held at Warwick college in March 2004.
The authors base their taxonomy on 4 regularly permitted theoretical assumptions approximately curricular thought: the character of the talented learner; the position of the educator; the calls for of data; and the desires of society. all the ideas is gifted with a descriptive remedy, a prescriptive therapy, and a radical dialogue that comes with steered practices.
- Career Training and Personal Planning for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Practical Resource for Schools
- Effective Programs for Treating Autism Spectrum Disorder: Applied Behavior Analysis Models
- Assessing Evaluation Studies: The Case of Bilingual Education Strategies
- Slow Learners: A Break in the Circle - A Practical Guide for Teachers (Woburn Educational Series)
Additional resources for Attention Deficits, Learning Disabilities, and Ritalin™: A Practical Guide
There is considerable variability in observers as to what is perceived as overactive or inattentive. What may be a mind-boggling activity level for one person might very well be quite tolerable and normal for another. It may be that the observer with low frustration tolerance identifies hyperactivity or inattention when, in fact, such levels are age-appropriate. OVERREUANCE ON A SUBJECTIVE REPOJn' BY ONE OBSERVER. Before the child's brain is implicated as the culprit, careful assessment of potential environmental influences is essential.
2. Reading teacher is in class and will be there all day. 3. m. 4. Guidance counselor quit 3 weeks ago. 5. Vice-principal is interviewing potential replacements for guidance counselor. 6. Principal is busy with State Department of Education site visitors. That leaves: 7. Ms. Becky, the volunteer, who will gladly take the message and have somebody return the call. There are some rare instances that warrant interrupting the teacher's classroom routines with a summons to the main office where the The Team 47 telephone is located.
Not hereit is a given. So let's move on. Two basic points need to be made at the outset. First, the term "team" refers to any group made up of more than one individual. It may be large enough to encompass persons representing every profession that has touched or will ever touch the life of a troubled student; or it may be an intimate group of two or three, such as a parent, physician, and a teacher working together to provide some meaningful help. Second, it is critical to realize that any successful interdisciplinary team effort requires that team members foster mutual respect and function in an interdependent fashion.
Attention Deficits, Learning Disabilities, and Ritalin™: A Practical Guide by Robert B. Johnston M.D. (auth.)