By G?ran Husman, Christian St?hl
Written via a four-time SharePoint MVP, Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration examines the diversities among SharePoint starting place (SPF) and SharePoint Server (SPS) and indicates you the way to exploit all SharePoint 2010's many advancements. acceptable for experts and IT pros who have to know the way to plot, enforce, and configure SharePoint, directors and the help workforce that needs to know the way to regulate SharePoint, and IT managers and undertaking leaders it assumes no prior wisdom of SharePoint.
What This publication Covers
- building an SPF-based resolution and easy SPS resolution functionality
- how SharePoint 2010 integrates with MS workplace that is very important for record management
- managing content material, in particular web pages administration utilizing wiki pages, integration with offline options like MS Outlook and SharePoint Workspace, and handling multilingual sites
- Managing and benefiting from SPS beneficial properties for a user's own My web site, either for private use and for collaboration and data sharing
- permissions, templates, seek and indexing, and the way to regulate SharePoint 2010 with PowerShell and STSA
- how to customise SPF and SPS websites with SharePoint dressmaker 2010 and configure and layout net pages
- how to customise internet components, together with Silverlight-based media net parts
- how to backup after which repair records, lists, websites, web site collections, and entire SharePoint farms, utilizing SharePoint important management, PowerShell, and STSADM
- how to plot and enforce SharePoint beginning 2010 and the way to improve from WSS 3.0
- how to devise and enforce SharePoint Server 2010, together with the way to improve and migrate from MOSS 2007.
- how to configure and deal with a newly created SPF or SPS 2010 environment
Read Online or Download Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 PDF
Best microsoft books
Effortless Microsoft workplace PowerPoint 2003 takes the determine of studying this robust software by utilizing brief, easy-to-follow classes that enable you accomplish simple projects fast and successfully! it's the ideal publication for novices who are looking to examine Microsoft's presentation software program via a visible, full-color process.
Microsoft Excel VBA expert tasks illustrates and teaches intermediate to complicated innovations in VBA programming utilizing Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet program. It offers an advent to VBA and Excel VBA ahead of continuing via 4 to 5 programming initiatives utilizing Excel to demonstrate simple and complex programming strategies.
The transaction went tender and used to be every thing it stated it'd be within the description.
Microsoft notice 2010 whole, a part of the Origins sequence, offers a radical advent of Microsoft observe 2010 talents to starting beginners. this article comprises positive aspects that make studying effortless and stress-free, but demanding for college kids. scholars may be engaged with actions that variety from simulations to case stories that problem and sharpen problem-solving abilities whereas gaining the hands-on perform had to be convinced and winning computing device clients.
- Network Security JumpStart
- Excel 2007 VBA Programmer's Reference (Programmer to Programmer)
- Microsoft Word 2010 in depth
- Microsoft Excel 2013: Data Analysis and Business Modeling
Additional info for Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Regardless of where this news site is located, its content can be displayed on any site in the SharePoint farm. For example, you may want each department to create its own news articles, and show them all on the intranet start page. ➤ Targeting: This very handy feature is available in SharePoint Server, but not in SharePoint Foundation. It allows you to fi lter the content so it is visible only to a specific group of people. Targeting can be used to fi lter both web parts and list content. For example, you can use it to make sure only IT employees can see the IT news, while the sales team will only see sales information — on the same page!
Another advantage is that the version history can save you a lot of trouble. Here’s a story from real life: A user edits an existing Excel spreadsheet, used by multiple users. By mistake she removes a macro in that spreadsheet and stores the fi les. Then she realizes her mistake. Without a version history, she must rely on a backup that will probably take hours, if not days, to recover. With version history, she could have reverted to the previous version herself, in just a minute. ➤ Document workflows: Adding, deleting, or modifying a document or its metadata can trigger a workflow to start.
INTEGRATING WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE Given that you are reading this book, the chance that you use Microsoft Offi ce for creating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations is rather high. Therefore, this section is important for you. SharePoint will not change the way you work with Office documents, but it will enhance its functionality, making many tasks a lot easier than doing them without using SharePoint, such as setting document properties and comparing different document versions. The number of features depends on what Office version you use.
Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 by G?ran Husman, Christian St?hl